Tervetuloa, välkommen, bienvenue, bienvenida!
Welcome to The In-Between, a wee blog written by an Education&English undergraduate student called Matleena, or Mattie for short. Currently dividing her time between her new adopted home Glasgow and a tiny village called Alva, situated a nice bikeride away from her university, life is full of exploring.
The days are easily spent, when not in the library desperately writing a few thousand words on betrayal as a carrying theme in Shakespeare’s work, with the Irish boyfriend Michael or reading chick-flicks and enjoying cappucinos in various cafés. Aspiring to become a teacher, she works as a volunteer in a sports centre, loves walking and sightseeing, cycling, eating out and a good old Bellini.
For the sake of lists, here are my favourite places in Glasgow:
- Vespbar (14 Drury Street, the best bar-café-restaurant in town – they do Prosecco on tap!)
- Glasgow Museum of Modern Art & Artstore
- Òran Mór (even though it’s so goddamn expensive, the venue is overall great)
- Botanic Gardens
- Roots, Fruits and Flowers (I mean, au pain chocolat for 95p)
- Shettleston Tesco Extra (it’s home and open 24/7)
Hope you enjoy following my story, mostly shared via photographs.
Got any questions? Comments? Don’t be shy, I’ve never practiced cannibalism so most likely I am not going to bite. Or eat anyone up. At least without Heinz’s original tomato ketchup, that is.