Okay, before everyone goes off on a rant about my
laziness lack of posts I want to tell you – or even better, make a list of the things I’ve done in the past month or so.
I have made, myself, from scratch
- two jars of bright red, delicious strawberry jam, made of organic handpicked berries (the taste – oh my god, it’s to die for, honestly)
- a pair of woolen mittens
- at least four pairs of woolen socks (these are all for Christmas, except for one pair I wanted to try a wonderful pattern called ‘Japanese garden’ on [Knitted Socks East And West by Judy Summer])
- two gluten-free blueberry pies
- and gluten-free pancakes this afternoon since it really seems that I have coeliac disease after all
- one summer dress which ended up as my new nightie (no, it’s not that nice to wear in public)
And mom made me yoga socks. Could wear these all day.
I started to read Hamlet (Shakespeare) and Wuthering Heights (Brontë) as they are part of my first English module – I have no idea how I’ll ever finish the latter but I’ll do my best. As they say, quitting is not an option. I can’t really get an insurance, my other school books, national student card or anything else ’cause I’m stuck in Finland – whoopee, note the sarcasm – not being able to open a bank account before bloody September. Which is something that is required to do most of the things mentioned. But it’s five short weeks to go and then it’s bye bye my so dear dump and hello university!
I feel like everyone’s dying of this twaddle. Sorry! But yes, in short: I’ve been knitting, watching the olympics, doing some berry and mushroom picking, exercised and went for a nice morning swim today. Oh, and don’t you just love Johnny in Alice In Wonderland?
September, please come quickly… But now, dears, I need to either feed or let the dog outside, she’s making strange whining noises behind me so I’d better be off before something horrendous happens. You know what dogs are capable of.
Happy August my lovelies! xx